Welcome to ISCA Web ...
Interspeech 2015 submissions under review
[4 Apr 2015] We are pleased by the fact that 1458 papers were submitted to the Interspeech 2015 conference, to be held in Dresden on September 6-10, 2015. These submissions are now under review. Almost 900 speech communication researchers have agreed to serve as reviewers, and the review process is co-ordinated by a dedicated team of 40 Area Chairs in 12 major scientific areas.
Announcement: Election of members for the Board of ISCA (March-April 2015)
[10 March 2015] Elections to the Board will take place starting in mid-March 2015. We received 19 nominations from the ISCA membership. Each active ISCA member will be asked to cast an anonymous ballot in the election, via a survey website. Each active member will receive an email invitation.
If you wish to participate, please make sure that you have ACTIVE membership status. You can verify your status at:
If you renewed your ISCA membership for 2014 via a registration for Interspeech-2014, you are still a member through June 30th and can vote now.
For renewal now:
The final deadline for voting is April 30th.
Call for Applications: Eighth Christian Benoît Award
[26 Feb 2015] The Christian Benoît Award is supported by the International Speech Communication Association, and the Association Francophone de la Communication Parlée and GIPSA-lab
The submission deadline is May 18, 2015.
The Christian Benoît Award is delivered periodically by the Association Christian Benoit (**). It is given to promising young scientists in the domain of SPEECH and FACE-TO-FACE COMMUNICATION. It can concern basic or applied research projects.
The Award provides the elected scientist with financial support for the development of a short-term research project that
(1) illustrates concretely the achievements of her/his research work
(2) could help promoting this work in the scientific community and to Grant Agencies
(3) gives an overall view of the state of the art in the research domain.
The proposed research project can have the form of a demonstrator, a technical product or of a pedagogical multi-media product (Movie, Web-site, interactive software…).
The Award is valued at 7,500 Euros(*).
The commitments of the elected scientist are:
- to attend the Interspeech2015 Conference in Dresden, Germany
- to deliver the final product of the project within 2 years
- to present her/his results in a workshop such as, among others, AVSP, ISSP, or SpeechProsody.
In the application, the candidate should provide
- a statement of research interests (2 pages max),
- a detailed curriculum vitae including the list of a selection of the most relevant publications for the project.
- a description of the proposed short-term research project (15 pages max) . The description should include a presentation of the scientific and/or pedagogical objectives and of the methodological aspects, a link with the former research work of the applicant, as well as a detailed description of the provisional budget.
Applications will be evaluated by an international committee including experts in the field of Speech and Face-to-Face communications and representatives of the Institutions supporting the award.
Applications should be sent to
before Monday May 18, 2015
Electronic submissions are mandatory.
The successful candidate will be notified by June 15, 2015. The Award will be delivered at the INTERSPEECH 2015 Conference in Dresden (Germany) (http://www.interspeech2015.org/)
For further information, please contact Pascal Perrier.
* 3,500 Euros will be given immediately; the remaining 4,000 Euros will be available at reception of the multi-media project by the Christian Benoit Association. Travel and registration costs necessary to attend the Interspeech 2015 Conference will have to be paid on this grant.
** For details about the Association Christian Benoît and the past awardees of the Christian Benoît Award see http://www.gipsa-lab.fr/acb/
Interspeech 2015: Submission and registration now open
[24 Feb 2015] Paper submission and conference registration for Interspeech 2015 (Dresden) are now open. Please visit the Interspeech 2015 website to submit your conference papers.