ISCA Special Interest Group: Italian Association for Speech Science (AISV)
Clickhere to visit the SIG website!
Aims. The purpose of the Association is to promote, in the scientific, technical, normative, industrial, social, professional and didactic fields, the study of Voice Sciences in Italy. In particular, the Association is turned to all the subjects differently involved in the study of Phonetics (Acustico/Articolatoria), of the Speech Signal Processing and of the Automatic Treatment of the Language (Trattamento Automatico del Linguaggio - TAL) in which are grouped all those disciplines that take care of the voice man-machine interaction and of the human language understanding. AISV aims in particular:
- promoting and favouring the studies and researches on Voice Sciences in all their different fields;
- facing the problems relating to the definition, the instruction and the spreading of Voice Sciences and to their institutional positioning;
- promoting and favouring the spreading and the deepening of the know ledges acquainted in Voice Sciences through the cure of publications, the organization of conferences, the organization of course, schools and masters, the attribution of scholarships, ecc.;
- promoting and favouring scientific and technical exchanges of information and relationships of collaboration between the associates;
- collaborating with Italian and international Organizations responsible of financing the scientific search in this field;
- favouring and promoting relationships with other Italian and international Associations or Organizations whose purposes are coherent with the own ones for the realization of common aims.
Motivation. The purpose of the Association is also to create a direct connection with ISCA with the aim of more effectively valuing the studies and researches on these fields by the Italian scientific community in the European and International framework.
Franco Ferrero Award. The AISV established the Premio Franco Ferrero which is attributed to the author (student or PhD student)of the best paper published in the Proceedings of the Annual Conference AISV the previous year. Recepients have been:
- 2012: GiulianoBocci & Antonio Stella (Linguistics,Phonetics & Phonology), Danilo Comminiello (Speech Technology)
- 2011: Valentina Rètaro (Linguistics, Phonetics, Phonology), Antonio Origlia (Speech Technology
Board. The current SIG officers are:
- Chairperson: Francesco Cutugno, Università Degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Italy
- Vice-Chairman: Cinzia Avesani, Institute of Cognitive Sciences and Technologies, Padua - Italy
- ISCA Liaison officier: Piero Cosi, Institute of Cognitive Sciences and Technologies, Padua - Italy
- AISV National Conference 2014, 22/1-24/1, Turin
- AISV National Conference 2013, 21/1-23/1, Venezia
- AISV National Conference 2012, 25/1-27/1, Roma
- AISV National Conference 2011, 26/1-28/1, Lecce