Conference Main Page
ISCA organizes an annual conference, INTERSPEECH, which integrates two previous series of biennial international conferences: EUROSPEECH, the European Conference on Speech Communication and Technology, and ICSLP, the International Conference on Spoken Language Processing. Since 2000, both conferences have been held under the common label INTERSPEECH. The first INTERSPEECH event was ICSLP 2000, which took place in 2000, in Beijing, China.
Previous EUROSPEECH conferences were held in 1989 in Paris (France); 1991 in Genoa (Italy); 1993 in Berlin (Germany); 1995 in Madrid (Spain); 1997 in Rhodes (Greece); and 1999 in Budapest (Hungary); Previous ICSLP conferences, coordinated by the Permanent Council for the Organization of International Conferences on Spoken Language Processing (PC-ICSLP), were held in 1990 in Kobe (Japan); 1992 in Banff (Canada); 1994 in Yokohama (Japan); 1996 in Philadelphia (USA); and 1998 in Sydney (Australia). All INTERSPEECH conferences are recorded chronologically on this page.
INTERSPEECH conferences include papers on all the scientific and technological aspects of Speech. More than 1,000 participants from all over the world attend the conference annually to present their work in oral and poster sessions. Several satellite workshops and a Scientific and Industrial Exhibition highly enrich the conference content. INTERSPEECH conferences may be held in any country, although they generally should not occur in the same continent in two consecutive years. The next INTERSPEECH conferences will be held in Dresden, Germany (2015), San Francisco, USA (2016), Stockholm, Sweden (2017), and Hyderabad, India (2018).
INTERSPEECH papers are indexed in ISI, Engineering Index, Scopus, and Google Scholar. It is rated as Rank A conference by the Computing and Research Education Association of Australasia (CORE).
A set of guidelines and a bidding and budget template are available for INTERSPEECH organizers.
For purposes of promotion, high-resolution ISCA logos are available for download.
For the proceedings of past INTERSPEECH, EUROSPEECH, and ISCLP conferences, see the ISCA Archive.
Do you want to order copies of the proceedings of previous ISCA Workshops or Conferences? Please click here.
1) All papers submitted to INTERSPEECH 20xx must be original contributions that are not currently submitted to any other conference, workshop, or journal, nor will be submitted to any other conference, workshop, or journal during the review process of INTERSPEECH 20xx. In all such paper submissions, any use of prior material should be cited by a reference to the source of that prior material, including one's own work, i.e., if an author uses earlier existing material, whether from one's own work or that of others, that work should be cited in the paper's list of references.Any violation of this policy may result in sanctions by ISCA, such as a ban on further submissions to ISCA publications by these authors.
2) Each accepted paper to an ISCA Event should be presented by one of the authors in person at the meeting site according to the schedule published. Any paper accepted into the technical program, but not presented on-site, may be withdrawn from the official proceedings. In exceptional situations (justified in an email request to the TPC Chair), a paper may be presented by a colleague.
3) Copyright: By each submission of a paper to Interspeech-20xx, the author(s) hereby warrant(s) that the manuscript has been submitted to ISCA (the International Speech Communication Association) for publication in the Interspeech 20xx Proceedings, IS ORIGINAL AND HAS NOT BEEN SUBMITTED FOR PUBLICATION OR PUBLISHED ELSEWHERE and that all trademark use within the manuscript has been credited to its owner or written permission to use the name has been granted. In addition, the author(s) acknowledge(s) that all images such as tables, screenshots, graphics, etc., do not have a copyright that is held by a third party. The author also attests that legal permission from the copyright holders has been attained for all multimedia or other materials included in the submission. The author(s) agree(s) to, and hereby assign(s) all rights, title and interest, including copyrights, in and to the manuscript to ISCA. The author(s) retain(s) the rights to any intellectual property developed by the author(s) and included in the manuscript. Note that the ISCA reviewing process is confidential. The copyright is provisionally transferred to ISCA at the time of submission of the article. This copyright is definitively assigned to ISCA if the manuscript is accepted after the reviewing process. If the manuscript is not accepted, the copyright transfer to ISCA is thus abrogated. For any article published in INTERSPEECH proceedings, ISCA grants each author permission to use the article in that author's dissertation or in institutional repositories (paper and/or electronic versions), provided that the article is correctly referenced (including page numbers and/or paper number). All authors of a paper have the same permission for reprinting, under the same conditions.
4) Affiliation: Author affiliation should be at the time of final submission of the paper.
Singapore, September 14-18, 2014
Chair: Haizhou Li
15th INTERSPEECH event
Lyon, France, August 25-29, 2013
Chair: Frédéric Bimbot
14th INTERSPEECH event (25th anniversary)
Portland, U.S., September 9-13, 2012
Chair: Richard Sproat
13th INTERSPEECH event
Florence, Italy, 27-31 August, 2011
Chair: Piero Cosi, Renato De Mori
12th INTERSPEECH event
Makuhari, Chiba, Japan, 26-30 September 2010
Chair: Keikichi Hirose
11th INTERSPEECH event
Brighton, United Kingdom, 6-10 September 2009
Chair: Roger Moore
10th INTERSPEECH event
Brisbane, Australia, 22-26 September 2008
Chair: Dennis Burnham
9th INTERSPEECH event
Antwerp, Belgium, 27-31 August 2007
Chair: Dirk Van Compernolle
8th INTERSPEECH event
Pittsburgh, PA, USA, 17-21 September 2006
Chair: Rich Stern
7th INTERSPEECH event
Lisbon, Portugal, 4-8 September 2005
Chair: Isabel Trancoso
6th INTERSPEECH event
Jeju Island, Korea, 4-8 September 2005
Chair: Soonhyob Kim
5th INTERSPEECH event
Geneva, Switzerland, 1-4 September 2003
Chair: Herve Bourlard
4th INTERSPEECH event
Denver, Colorado, USA, 16-20 September 2002
Chair: John Hansen
3rd INTERSPEECH event
Aalborg, Denmark, 3-7 September 2001
Chair: Paul Dalsgaard
2nd INTERSPEECH event
Beijing, China, 16-20 October 2000
Chair: Guan Dinghua
1st INTERSPEECH event
Past EUROSPEECH and ICSLP
- Eurospeech 1999, Budapest, Hungary - Geza Gordos
- Eurospeech 1997, Rhodes, Greece - George Kokinnakis
- Eurospeech 1995, Madrid, Spain - Jose Pardo
- Eurospeech 1993, Berlin, Germany - Klaus Fellbaum
- Eurospeech 1991, Genoa, Italy - Giulio Modena
- Eurospeech 1989, Paris, France - Jean-Pierre Tubach
- ICSLP 1998, Sydney, Australia - J. Bruce Millar
- ICSLP 1996, Philadelphia, USA - Timothy Bunnell
- ICSLP 1994, Yokohama, Japan - Katsuhiko Shirai
- ICSLP 1992, Banff, Canada - John Ohala
- ICSLP 1990, Kobe, Japan - Hiroya Fujisaki