ISCA Special Interest Group: History of Speech Communication Sciences
Click here to visit the SIG Website!
Aim. An important aim of the HISTORY SIG is to organise particular events such as workshops, special sessions and exhibitions associated with the big conferences of both organisations such as Interspeech and ICPhS (International Congress of the Phonetic Sciences) to analyze part and current evolution of speech sceinces, notably experimental tools and methods. The SIG is also upported by the the International Phonetic Association (IPA). In addition the SIG attempts to collect and provide information on its website (which is still at its start): original publications, historical audio and video recordings, links to collections of historical instruments as well as a bibliography on historical topics of speech communication sciences.
Board. Current SIG officers are:
- Chairperson: Rüdiger Hoffmann (Technical University Dresden)
- Secretary: Jürgen Trouvain (Saarland University, Saarbrücken)
- ISCA Liaison Officer: John Ohala (University of California, Berkeley)
- HSCR 2017 (History of Speech Communication Research),18/8-19/8, Helsinki, Finland, satellite of Interspeech 2017
- HSCR 2015 (History of Speech Communication Research), 4/9-5/9, Dresden, Germany, satellite of Interspeech 2015
- Special session on "The History of Phonetics" at 17th International Congress of the Phonetic Sciences (ICPhS 2011) in Hong Kong