|Sunday, September 12, 2010 by Chris Wellekens|
6-5 (2010-05-20) Associate professor at Nanjng Normal University China
Associate Professor or Lecturer positions in Phonetic Science and Speech Technology at Nanjing Normal University, China
The Department of Linguistic Science and Technology at Nanjing Normal University, China, invites applications for two positions at Associate Professor or Lecturer level in the area of Phonetic Sciences and Speech Technologies.
Nanjing Normal University (NNU) is situated in Nanjing, a city in China not only famous for its great history and culture but also pride for excellence in education and academy. With Chinese-style buildings and garden-like environment, the NNU campus is often entitled as the “Most Beautiful Campus in the Orient.”
NNU is among the top 5 universities of China in the area of Linguistics. Placing a strong emphasis on interdisciplinary research, the Department of Linguistic Science and Technology at NNU is unique in that it bridges the studies of theoretical and applied linguistics, cognitive sciences, and information technologies. A new laboratory has recently been established in phonetic sciences and speech technologies, to stimulate a closer collaboration between linguists, phoneticians, psychologists, and computer/engineering scientists. The laboratory is very well equipped, possessing sound-proof recording studio, professional audio facilities, physiological instruments (e.g., EGG, EMG, EPG, airflow and pressure module, and nasality sensor), EEG for ERP studies, and Linux/Windows workstations.
We welcome interested colleagues to join us. The research can cover any related areas in phonetic sciences and speech technologies, including but not limited to speech production, speech perception, prosodic modeling, speech synthesis, automatic speech recognition and understanding, spoken language acquisition, and computer-aided language learning. Outstanding research support will be offered. The position level will be determined based on qualifications and experience.
* A PhD degree in related disciplines (e.g., linguistics, psychology, physics, applied mathematics, computer sciences, and electronic engineering) is preferred, though a MS degree with a distinguished experience in R&D of speech technologies at world-class institutes/companies is also acceptable
* 3+ years’ experience and strong publication/patent record in phonetic sciences or speech technologies
* Good oral and written communication skills in both Chinese and English
* Good programming skills
* Team work spirit in a multidisciplinary group
* Candidates working in any related topics are encouraged to apply, but those who have backgrounds and research interests in both phonetic/linguistic sciences and speech technologies will be considered with preference
Interested candidates should submit a current CV, a detailed list of publication, the copies of the best two or three publications, and the contact information of at least two references. The application and any further enquiry about the positions should be sent to Prof. Wentao GU by email (preferred) or regular mail to the following address:
Prof. Wentao GU
Dept of Linguistic Science and Technology
Nanjing Normal University
122 Ning Hai Road, Nanjing
Jiangsu 210097, China
The positions will keep open until they are filled.
|Back to Top|